BREAKING : U.S. Commander in S. Korea is “READY” For War With N. Korea


Tensions are once again on the rise in North Korea, as the chubby little dictator test-fired another missile.
On Wednesday, the top U.S. commander in South Korea warned North Korea that the U.S. and its South Korean allies are ready to go to war.
The warning came the day after Pyongyang conducted its very first successful intercontinental ballistic missile test.
WASHINGTON, DC – The top U.S. commander in South Korea warned North Korea that the U.S. and its South Korean ally are prepared to go to war on Wednesday, a day after Pyongyang conducted its first intercontinental ballistic missile test.
Tensions are running high on the Korean peninsula after North Korea tested an ICBM for the first time on Tuesday, which some experts say has a range that could reach Alaska.
North Korean President Kim Jong-un has vowed to develop a nuclear weapon that can hit the continental U.S., which President Donald Trump has vowed would not happen on his watch.
Although it is still unknown whether North Korea can attach a nuclear warhead to such a missile, Tuesday’s test marked a significant advance towards that goal.
The Pentagon confirmed on Wednesday that the test was of an ICBM and the first time North Korea has conducted such a launch.
The ICBM was detected and tracked for 37 minutes – the longest time of flight for any ballistic missile North Korea had launched to date, a spokesman said.
The test missile was launched from a new site – a recent tactic seen over the last year, and from a mobile launcher, Navy Capt. Jeff Davis said.
As for the type of missile launched, he said, “it’s not one we’ve seen before.”
The Pentagon at first assessed the test to be of an intermediate-range ballistic missile, versus an intercontinental ballistic missile. But upon further analysis, it was deemed an ICBM.
“It was deemed to cross in our range estimation of what’s essentially an arbitrary number, but what the convention on what’s the difference between an IRBM and an ICBM is 5,500 kilometers, and upon assessment it was judged it was likely capable of going in excess of 5,500 kilometers which therefore makes it an ICBM,” Davis said.
The test launch set off a flurry of military and diplomatic activity by the Trump administration.
The U.S. and South Korean militaries, shortly after the launch, fired surface-to-surface missiles in a live-fire joint exercise meant as a show of force to North Korea.
White House Deputy Press Secretary Sarah Sanders declined to preview exactly what next steps the U.S. might take.
“We’ve been pretty consistent that we are never going to broadcast next steps but I don’t have anything further on that right now,” Sanders said.
The Pentagon, meanwhile, said it had confidence in its ballistic missile defense capabilities, calling the ICBM test a “limited threat” to the U.S.
Share on Google Plus

About Secret News

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario